Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Essential Qualifications: NVQ - SVQ3, NVQ - SVQ2
Required Skills: Hair Colour Specialist, Hair Stylist, Product Sales, Sales, Threading
Start date: Open Ended
Nature of Work
A professional who provides a wide variety of hair and skin services which includes cutting, hair coloring, hair treatment, beard and mustache trimming, face shaving, and face and scalp massage with exceptional time management skills, attention to detail, punctuality, and great communication skills. Should be knowledgeable on current trends and hairstyles and has the ability to implement them on clients.
• Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments
• Cut and trim hair according to clients' instructions or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
• Drape and pin protective cloths around customers' shoulders
• Question patrons regarding desired services and haircut styles. Discuss service options or needs with clients
• Clean work stations and sweep floors.
• Keep card files on clientele, recording notes of work done and products used after each visit.
• Shape and trim beards and moustaches, using scissors.
• Curl, color, or straighten hair, using special chemical solutions and equipment.
• Apply solutions to hair for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
• Apply lather and shave beards or neck and temple hair contours, using razors.
• Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
• Maintain professional knowledge or certifications.
• Suggest treatments to alleviate hair problems.
• Shampoo hair. Apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin.
• Measure, fit, and groom hairpieces.
• Recommend and sell lotions, tonics, or other cosmetic supplies.
• Provide face, neck, and scalp massages