Full Time Salon Manager for a High Street Salon in UAE - United Arab Emirates .
Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: Abu Dhabi
Start date: Open Ended
1. Ensure the smooth operation of the hairdressing salons and theory room, security of
rooms, monitoring of appointments, and reception area.
2. Work with the Programme Leaders for hairdressing in the ordering of stock, exercise
control of stock levels including inventories, prepare purchase orders, receive deliveries,
issue stocks and organise materials.
3. Liaise with, and be accountable to, the Finance Department, as appropriate. Carry out
cashing up, as required and manage the computer system for client records, cashing up
and stock control. Assist with increasing the financial targets for the area. Ensure
security of all stock, equipment and monies is accurate. Ensuring realistic and
commercial targets are set and achieved. Manage the marketing and competition
4. Help to prepare chemicals, products and equipment for hairdressing treatments and
dispense the quantities needed, prepare sterilising cabinets and associated materials
and equipment for classes and salon sessions, and perform chemical skin tests on
5. Control laundry and the supply of towels for classes.
6. Provide guidance and support to students with reception and telephone procedures, the
use of the till, stores procedures and monitor students when mixing chemical
preparations. Carry out reception duties, as needed. Assess students on reception and
use computerised records in the reception area. Enhance the retailing presence in all
areas to increase the revenue.
7. Deal with general enquiries from students and clients of the salons. Ensure the client
base is managed effectively. Generate adverts if required.
8. Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working order and arrange for repairs and
servicing as required. Maintain the cleanliness and order of stock cupboards and all
areas. Maintain the Computer system.
9. Assist staff and students in special events, demonstrations or competitions.
10. Carry out Risk Assessments and maintain relevant documentation.
11. Manage assessment / client sessions as required.
12 Organise students’ kits and uniform liaising with all concerned parties.
13 Assess students on reception, Health and Safety and stock control.
14 To undertake such duties as may reasonably be required of the post.
15 To achieve income targets set for the Salon.
16 To arrange promotional activities to increase the number of customers using the salon. Show Less