Full Time Spa Manager for a 5 Star Hotel Spa in Macau .
Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Essential Qualifications: CIBTAC
Required Skills: Beauty Therapy Specialist, Chinese Treatments, Fitness Instructor Gym
Start date: Open Ended
Reporting to the Director, Spa & Leisure, the Manager, Spa & Fitness is a hands-on manager responsible the daily operations of the Spa and Pool & Gym in accordance with the Standards set by the Company and the department to meet the needs and demands of in-house guests, visitors and hotel management.
The Manager, Spa & Fitness is responsible for ensuring the team to deliver a quality customer service experience through conveying a positive, welcoming and professional services and skills to guests and visitors to the property designated by the Company in accordance with our set service standards. Also to be responsible to meet the monthly and yearly budget on Revenue and EBITDA by promoting our sales and controlling departmental expenses. This may include but not limit to creating various services and guests’ programs; promoting sales to reach budget revenue; up-keeping employees’ professional standards by providing regular in-house training and arranging outside professional training; coaching customer service skills to the team members as well as to ensure the Spa and Fitness team is following the Policies & Procedures; Standard Operating Procedures and Services Standards.
- Ensure all staff are executing and following the Departmental Standard Operating Procedures; as well as the Service Standards that provide 5-star services as well as ensuring guests’ and employees’ safety.
- Ensure that guests of Spa & Fitness facilities follow the rules and safety regulations stipulated by the Company and the laws of Macau.
- At all times act and behave properly as the Department Manager.
- Understand and can operate all Spa & computer systems.
- Adhere and follow all Company’s policies and procedures.
- Report accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions and / or security issues to the superiors ie Director of Spa and Security Chief.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by superiors from time to time.
- Observe and promptly execute all emergency procedures when it arises.
2. Strategic Planning and Budgets
- Preparation of annual business plans, detailing capital expenditure requirements, training, service / program development, competitive analysis and pricing. Also to ensure the monthly and annual operational expenses are in line with set budget and that all costs are strictly controlled at the same time to maximize the Departmental Revenue, so to meet the department EBIDTA budget.
3. Sales and Marketing
- Good understand of the market, create service packages and promotional services to effectively promote the department and to liaise with other departments or even outside companies or media.
4. Supervise, Monitor and Support to the Department
- Manage day to day operation of all staff in the department. Work as the mentor / trainer / role model to the team. Conduct, deliver and oversee the Annual Employee Performance Appraisal and Regular Departmental Work Performance Evaluation and regular Counselling, ensuring that all employees are assessed equally and fairly and in accordance with Company policy.
5. Training and Development
- Monitor and conduct the training and development needs of staff to further develop and ensure refresher trainings are executed to maintain competency standards. Also work with Spa Trainer and Training Department and related or designated employees for the regular training plan and training summary and analysis.
6. Employee Relations and Development
- Manage, coach and develop all employees within the department to ensure competence, performance and succession objectives are met. This includes recognizing and resolving performance issues; ensuring performance reviews are conducted on all staff in accordance with the company’s performance management system and recognizing and addressing staff absenteeism issues. Emphasis on team member motivation and morale.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by striving to maintain standards of excellence and recognizing and rewarding staff accordingly, both via formal and informal means.
7. Guest Relations
- Maintain close contact with all guests coming to the department, receiving feedback regarding the operation of the spa and recreational facilities of the hotels.
- Track guest satisfaction via the guest comment card survey and any other customer satisfaction surveys driven by Hotel and Spa & Fitness.
- Ability to prepare and deliver various reports required by management on a timely basis. These may include but not limit to Daily Sales and Usages, Monthly Profit and Loss Reports, Monthly Statistic and / or other ad-hoc reports.
9. Spa Maintenance and Upkeep
- Ensure all facilities are operating efficiently to successfully achieve the highest possible productivity, revenue, profit and guest satisfactions.
- Work closely with Property Services, EVS and Housekeeping and/or other Departments and ensure all the frontline areas and heart of house facilities achieve the highest possible conditions and cleanliness.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Good knowledge and understanding of skills and techniques of Spa, Beauty and Fitness / Leisure / Wellbeing operations
- Minimum 2-year experience in Spa / Beauty and/or Wellness Industry in management level (Assistant Manager and /or above). Preferable in Asia market
- Experience in Hospitality Industry.
- Required to have current knowledge in Spa, Beauty, Health, Fitness & Hospitality industry.
- Have at least 3 years in the Spa field; preferable holding a beauty or spa certification or Fitness Trainer Certification
- Related tertiary qualification(s)
- Relevant industry accreditation
- Patience, enthusiastic and positive minded
- Ability to follow through and follow through details
- Displays a high commitment to delivering and improving customer service
- Result-orientated, demonstrates advanced business acumen and accepts accountability for results
- Demonstrates advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a strong work ethics
- Has strong leadership ability to lead others to achieve business objectives
- Encourage people to work as a team; a team player and can motivate the team
- Exhibit advanced training skills
- Understand different cultures and diversity
- Ability to read and communicate in Cantonese / Mandarin / English
- Ability to work on flexible shift including overnight, weekends and holiday on rotation basis
- Ability to work on overtime when needed
- International Beauty Certification eg CIBTAC, City & Guilds
- Fitness / Bodybuilding / Nutrition Diploma or Certification
For more information, please apply online
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview within 4 weeks of their application. All information collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Show Less