Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: Koh Samui
Start date: Immediately
Recreation / Fitness Manager
"In discovering health, we discover ourselves"
We are an award-winning Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa set amid a lush tropical landscape on the southern coast of Koh Samui, Thailand. our concept combines healing practices and treatments from East and West, a beautiful natural environment, inspired healthy cuisine, and customized wellness programs and retreats into a unique holistic lifestyle concept for enhanced wellbeing. The resort features 75 guest accommodations, two restaurants, a tea lounge, and extensive wellness and spa facilities, including yoga pavilions, lap pools, saunas, steam room and state-of-the-art fitness areas.
Recognized internationally as a wellness industry leader, we employ a highly skilled team of fitness instructors offering both individual and group classes in a wide range of holistic wellness activities. Our new Shakti Fitness Center features personal instruction in strength training, functional resistance training, Fit Ball, Pilates and other exercise modalities, as well as weight training and cardio vascular workouts. There is also Yoga for beginner to advanced level.
We are now seeking an experienced Recreation / Fitness Manager to drive and develop operations in this key area, overseeing not only the current offering but also with the ability and vision to create and support new guest fitness and recreational activities.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sports, leisure and wellness activities and is interested, both on a personal and professional level, in keeping pace with current trends in the areas of fitness, yoga etc. She / He will not only be an experienced fitness and yoga teacher with an understanding of anatomy and physiology, but will also show the qualities of a caring and supportive leader who is able to develop new, unique and interesting fitness and recreational activities that draw upon the best cultural, sport and wellness offerings.
The required qualifications include a minimum of five years management and teaching experience in the wellness / health spa industry with at least 2 years working in a 5 star resort / hotel environment. We are looking for someone with an up-to-date knowledge of physical fitness therapies confirmed by a Degree or Certificate in Sport Science.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the resort’s Fitness Center to ensure all fitness services, protocols and procedures are followed.
• Plan and conduct exercise sessions, personal training sessions, group training classes, Pilates, Fit Ball, Yoga, etc with the support of the resort fitness team
• Provide leadership while educating, monitoring and encouraging class participants
• Supervise and develop existing fitness training staff on a regular, on-going basis
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all strength and cardio equipment and their programs as well as the proper use, alignment and safe use of such equipment
• Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all fitness and yoga staff
• Ensure the smooth operation of all equipment through periodic service checks and reporting maintenance orders promptly
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging customer service
• Develop new fitness and recreation programs
• At least 5 years experience managing the Fitness / Recreation department of a luxury spa / health club preferably in a resort setting.
• Ability to perform personal training as well as instruct safe, effective and motivating group fitness classes for participants of all levels.
• Knowledge of principles of exercise physiology
• Thorough knowledge of functionality of relevant fitness equipment
• Knowledge of current industry trends and standards in exercise protocols, fitness programming, and equipment standards
• Ability to work with customers at all fitness skill levels
• Ability to analyze customer needs and deliver appropriate assistance
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) with active certification from AFAA, ACSM, ACE or the NASM or equivalent
• Yoga Instructor (RYT) with 200 - 500 hour Yoga Alliance Certification or equivalent
• Pilates Mat & Reformer certification
Please apply online Show Less