Seasonal Head Therapist for a 5 Star Hotel Spa in Japan .
Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: Niseko Japan
Required Skills: Aromatherapy, Asian Treatments, Deep Tissue Massage, Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Swedish Massage, Thai Massage
Start date: 01 Dec 2022
Minimum experience required: over 2 years
Salary: 1,500-1,800 JPY per hour (based on skills and experience)
Location: Niseko Japan,
JP Essential Qualifications Required Skills: Supervisor Level
Start date: Early December 2022
Niseko has been one of the top destinations for powder hounds for quite some years now, for its the rare combination of the abundant powdery snow and the mild weather. It slowly developed into a resort with such an international atmosphere with condos and restaurants, where other languages are heard more than Japanese. Nowhere else in Japan you’ll find a place like Niseko.
About Our Spa:
Nature Inspired Spa and Nominee of World Spa Awards 2022, located in the heart of Hirafu, within the Vale Niseko, the world's best ski boutique hotel award winner. Our Spa imbibes the healing arts, practicing a holistic approach to Eastern and Western practices that culminates in a transcendental spa experience. We offer luxuriate in a selection of unique foot treatments and personalized spa services. Our focus is your well-being and help you to re-balance energy flow, relax, recharge and rejuvenate with care and skill
Our Spa is looking for an enthusiastic Head Spa Therapist to join our team.
The Head Spa Therapist will be required to;
- Supervise the Spa Therapists and the treatments provided within the Spa.
- Ensure and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Interact with guests in a professional and effective manner.
- Lead a team of therapists showing both responsiveness to business needs as well as empathy for therapists/staff.
- Handle guest problems and complaints.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Regularly review policies and procedures relating to the spa taking action to formulate and propose improvements.
- Assist with recruitment of Spa staff as necessary.
- Ensure that the employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Spa facilities policies and procedures.
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in supervisor level of a 5-star Spa.
- You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English. Japanese skills not required but would be highly regarded.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Confident Communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Pleasant, presentable and passionate about guest service.
Employment Period: Early December 2022 (no later than 12th Dec 2022) until 31st March 2023
Workings hours: Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week. This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and end of the season.
- Excellent pay for Japan ¥1,500 to ¥1,800 per hour (~¥230-¥300,000 per month)
- Lift Pass Allowance at ¥30,000 upon completion of the contract
- Awesome Staff Accommodation in heart of resort (from ¥32,000)
- Cost Price on company services
- Discounts on dining, activities, ski gear, groceries and more
- Friendly and Relaxing Environment
Eligibility: To be considered for this position, you must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa or have the right to work in Japan