Minimum experience required: over 1 year.
Salary: 1,300 to 1,500 JPY per hour
Location: Niseko Japan, JP
Start date: Immediately
Niseko Japan Location! Live, work and play in the worlds number one Ski Holiday Destination!
Originally an Onsen (natural hot spa) resort, popular within Japan but otherwise internationally unknown, Niseko is now famous throughout Japan and around the world for its exceptional powder snow and is now one of the fastest growing ski destinations in the world. With its unique Japanese character and mix of international influences, Niseko offers an experience not found anywhere else in the world.
Located within our hotel in Niseko Resort, the Ryko Spa provides a wide range of services to restore and refresh the mind, body and spirit. Services include physiotherapy, invigorating massages, facials and full body treatments utilising premium skincare and technology, and weightlessness experiences in Hokkaido’s first ever Float Tank.
Ryko Spa is looking for enthusiastic Spa Therapists to join our brand new team.
- Perform massage, body and facial treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectation.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order.
- Actively participate in all areas of the Spa operation.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- At least 3 years experience in a 5-star Spa or similar environment.
- Qualification in Massage and/or Beauty Therapy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry.
- Extra qualifications and experience in a wide range of Spa modalities will be highly regarded.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalize treatments to guest's concerns.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills.
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Fluent English required (Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable but not essential).
To be considered for a Spa Therapist position, you must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
Employment Period: 16 October 2018 to 7 April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
Working Hours: Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate: ¥1,300 - 1,500 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Accommodation: Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price. Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Lift Passes: Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Discounts on HTM's services
- Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
Visa: You must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
To apply for this role, please submit your application online to https://www.skyeniseko.com/careers/seasonal-spa-therapist Show Less