Full Time Hair Stylist
for a Day Spa in Oman .
Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: best in the industry
Essential Qualifications: NVQ - SVQ3, NVQ - SVQ2
Required Skills: Hair Colour Specialist, Hair Stylist
Start date: Immediately
Hair stylists are required use a range of techniques to provide clients with the desired colour, tex... Show More
Hair stylists are required use a range of techniques to provide clients with the desired colour, texture and shape that they want for their hair. As a hair stylist you may also work in specialist areas, such as styling Afro-Caribbean hair. You are responsible for cutting and styling clients' hair and is highly skilled in ability to handle hair, and also have an extensive knowledge of the appropriate products for different hair types.
A hair stylist must:
• Greet clients and make them feel welcome and at ease.
• Make appointments and avoid making clients wait.
• Find out client needs & giving advice.
• Wash and condition hair.
• Cut and style hair.
• Colour, perm or straighten hair, working safely with chemical products.
• Advise on treatment of minor problems with the hair or scalp.
• Keep up to date with new trends.
• Train continuously to achieve Continuing Personal Development (CPD).
• Stay aware of new products, sometimes attending manufacturers’ short courses which will introduce them.
• Work towards developing advanced skills in colouring, perming, assessing and remedial techniques.
Hair stylists must complete many diverse tasks and always need to be friendly and professional with customers. Key skills and qualities include:
• Good teamwork.
• Maintaining a tactful, friendly manner.
• Communication skills.
• Openness to learning new ideas and techniques.
• Attention to detail.
• Cleanliness and good personal grooming.
Working hours for hair stylists vary depending on the Clientele. Hair stylists working full time will usually work up to 40 hours per week. This will usually include working on Saturday, with one day off during the week.
Commensurate best in the industry