Full Time Nail Technician for a Day Spa in Oman .
Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: muscat capital of oman
Essential Qualifications: Degree
Required Skills: Nail Specialist, Reflexology, Thai Massage
Start date: Immediately
• Provide individualized nail services and treatments that meet the clients’ needs and expectations
• Explain products, services and treatments to clients and assist them with determining their individual needs
• Ensure clients feel welcome when they arrive for their appointments
• Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
• Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness
• Stock and maintain work stations according to standard operating procedures
• Promote and up-sell products and services
• Ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the spa
• Assists Spa in activities such as staff meetings, promotions, housekeeping duties
• Assists with washing and folding of all linens used in treatment rooms
• Arrives fifteen (15) minutes prior to scheduled work time
• Maintains and increases knowledge of product line, and nail care treatments by attending in house instruction, and education/training classes
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• Ability to apply nail art, nail extension and any up to date nail services required by customers and management.
• Schedule client appointments and accept payments.
• Remove previously applied nail polish, using liquid remover and swabs.
• Clean customers' nails in soapy water, using swabs, files, and orange sticks.
• Shape and smooth ends of nails, using scissors, files, and emery boards.
• Apply undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
• Advise clients on nail care and use of products and colors.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Page 2
• Assess the condition of clients' hands, remove dead skin from the hands and massage them. Soften nail cuticles with water and oil, push back cuticles, using cuticle knife, and trim cuticles, using scissors or nippers.
• Brush powder and solvent onto nails and paper forms to maintain nail appearance and to extend nails, then remove forms and shape and smooth nail edges using rotary abrasive wheel.
• Maintain supply inventories and records of client services.
• Treat nails to repair or improve strength and resilience by wrapping, or provide treatment to nail biters.
• Roughen surfaces of fingernails, using abrasive wheel.
• Attach paper forms to tips of customers' fingers to support and shape artificial nails.
• Polish nails, using powdered polish and buffer.
• Decorate clients' nails by piercing them or attaching ornaments or designs Show Less