Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Essential Qualifications: Degree
Required Skills: Reflexology
Start date: Immediately
The Hair Dresser performs professional hair related treatments. They must possess a thorough knowledge of the hair, including a basic knowledge of head and shoulder massage techniques and a neat application of hair color. They must possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and be willing learn spa specific hair service offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide beauty solutions to meet the needs of our guests. They must hold and maintain a current state license.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide individualized hair services and treatments that meet the clients’ needs and expectations
• Explain products, services and treatments to clients and assist them with determining their individual needs
• Ensure clients feel welcome when they arrive for their appointments
• Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
• Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness
• Stock and maintain work stations according to standard operating procedures
• Promote and up-sell products and services to meet monthly target.
• Ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the spa
• Assists Spa in activities such as staff meetings, promotions, housekeeping duties
• Assists with washing and folding of all linens used in treatment rooms
• Arrives fifteen (15) minutes prior to scheduled work time
• Maintains and increases knowledge of product line, and hair care treatments by attending in house instruction, and education/training classes
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• Ability to apply hair color, rebounding , hair cut, blow drying and any up to date hair services required by customers and management.
• Schedule client appointments and accept payments.
• Apply hair color after analyzing customer, using proper tools to enhance application.
• Clean customers' hair before blow drying and cutting.
• Advise clients on hair care and use of products and colors.
• Assess the condition of clients' hair, before any service.
• Maintain supply inventories and records of client services.
• maintain appropriate certification and licensure
• extremely detail oriented
• possess excellent communication skills
• A friendly, people-oriented, customer driven individual
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.